Monday, October 29, 2012

Craft Show Basics


I love craft shows! There are so many fabulous things that people make and always way too many things I want to buy. However, I won't get a lot of time to shop since I'll be having a table at Rosemount High School on November 3. If you're in the area, stop by between 9 am and 4 pm. They're going to have about 90 vendors and there are some very talented crafters there.

Then on November 10 I'll have a table at Eagan High School and on November 17 at Faithful Shepherd Catholic School in Eagan. Please stop by!

For those of you who participate in craft shows, I wish you great shows. I've been busy getting all my stuff together and hopefully I won't forget anything. Here's a brief list of things to take with you:
change--plenty of one's and five's
a cash box
pens
paper
scissors
tape
calculator
blank price tags (in case something comes off during transit and set up)
cell phone
water bottle
money to purchase food or drink at the show if needed/wanted
table covering
mannequins, jewelry stands, shelves, racks, etc needed for displaying your items
your tax id number (many shows ask you to fill out a form at the show with your
tax id #)
business cards

These are pretty much the basics. I hate hauling a bunch of stuff around, so I try to keep it to a minimum. If I didn't have to load up the car, unload the car, and set things up--craft shows would be perfect. But other than the heavy lifting, craft shows are a lot of fun. Get to know your neighbors--the vendors on each side of you, behind you and across from you. They're great people and you can learn a lot from them. Talk with the shoppers. They're great people too. Even if you're shy--just make yourself talk to people. Pretty soon you'll feel right at home. (I must admit it took me a couple of seasons before I got over my shyness and felt really comfortable.)

Here are a few of the things I'll have in my booth. I'm looking forward to seeing all the great things at shows this next month!



http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/5241624




http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/5164734



http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/product_view/5164544









No comments:

Post a Comment